5 Things: Allergy Relief
You can enjoy Jefferson's parks without sneezing your way through the day!
With the mild winter we had, meteorologists are predicting that allergies will start earlier and be more severe than last year. So if you’re an allergy sufferer, and you’re going to head out to Mahlon Dickerson Reservation, Lakeside Field or Creative Playground, here are a few tips to keep the allergies at bay.
- Clean Up: Shower and wash your hair at night before going to bed to wash off all the pollen that has accumulated during the day.
- Suit Up: Wear a mask and gloves when gardening or doing outdoor work to keep the pollen away from your hands and mouth.
- Keep Indoor Air Clean: Keep windows closed and air conditioning on during the highest pollen count days.
- Give the Dog a Bath: Pets can bring pollen in on their coats after they’ve been outside. Be sure to give dogs a bath and brush off cats to eliminate pollen.
- Watch Your Timing: The pollen count is highest between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m. Try to stay indoors during those times. The best time to be outside is in the late afternoon or right after it rains.