There’s nothing quite like the good feeling that comes from helping someone else. And if you can do it in your town, your neighbors can benefit from your time and efforts. Here are just some of the ways you can help make Jefferson a better place to live.
- Donate to a Food Pantry: Jefferson Township has one, Our Lady Star of the Sea church has one, and several other churches in town have one. Food pantries are always in need of donations and volunteers to help sort and pack food.
- Volunteer at the Animal Shelter: The Jefferson Township Animal Shelter has many dogs and cats looking for permanent homes. Until they find those homes, they need to be fed and walked, and their cages need to be cleaned. You can help.
- Coach a Team: Or be an assistant coach or a team parent. Little League baseball, softball, spring soccer—there are any number of sports that need your help.
- Be a Firefighter: Both fire companies in town, no. 1 and no. 2, are always looking for volunteers. Help to save a life or someone’s home.
- Be on the Rescue Squad: The Jefferson Township Rescue Squad and Milton Rescue Squad are also always looking for volunteers. You could do a great service to members of the community by joining.