5 Things: How To Cure a Hangover
If you celebrated the Giants' Super Bowl victory a bit too heartily, we have some tips for you.
So, it’s Monday morning. How did your Super Bowl party go? Did you celebrate the Giants’ win just a little too hard? While we’re sure you had a good time, made all that much sweeter with a Giant victory, it may be a little bit tough getting up for work this morning. So if you’re feeling a little “under the weather,” here are five things you can do to cure a hangover, according to Men’s Health magazine:
- You Need to Know About Sleep: Hopefully you asked for a vacation day today, but if not, sleep when you can. Rest is one of the things your body needs most right now.
- You Need to Know About Water: Drink lots of it. You need to stay as hydrated as possible.
- You Need to Know About Caffeine: Avoid this. It will dehydrate you, which is the opposite of what you need right now.
- You Need to Know About OJ or Gatorade: Drink some orange juice for Vitamin C, or try some Gatorade or Powerade for the electrolytes.
- You Need to Know About Pain Medication: You can try some ibuprofen (Advil), but avoid acetaminophen (Tylenol), which can harm the liver that is already working to process the alcohol.