5 Ways You Can Help Out in Jefferson
Put some free hours to good use.
While it’s always nice to go out and do fun things in the summer, that’s not the only way to spend your free time. If you find yourself with time on your hands, there are many organizations around Jefferson that could use your help. Here are five:
- The Jefferson Arts Committee: This group just put together Jefferson Day, where, it seems, a good time was had by all. The group also sponsors free gazebo concerts every summer and a whole host of other activities. Stop by at a meeting on the fourth Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at Weigand Farms and get involved.
- The Jefferson Township Municipal Alliance: Who doesn’t want to see township youth stay off drugs and stay away from alcohol? Attend a JTMAC event and learn how you can help make that happen.
- The Jefferson Community Band or Chorus: Do you have musical talent? Can you carry a tune or play an instrument? Share your talent with the township by becoming part of one of these groups.
- The Jefferson Pound: The pound becomes a temporary home to many dogs and cats, all of whom need to be fed, walked and loved. If you love animals, this is the place for you to be.
- Fire Departments or Rescue Squads: Jefferson has two fire companies, company no. 1 and no. 2, and two rescue squads, in Lake Hopatcong and Milton. These are great ways of helping people in their times of need.