Cops: Burglaries and Thefts in J-Town
The following information was supplied by the Jefferson Township police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following burglary and theft reports came from the Jefferson Township police department for April:
- On April 2, a resident of Milton Road reported a burglary and theft to the residence. Someone forced open a dead bolted door in the rear of the residence. It appears that a laptop computer and jewelry was taken. Detective Rich Geib and the Morris County Sheriff’s Crime Scene Unit and K-9 responded. The incident is under investigation.
- On April 3, a resident of Willow Drive reported the theft of two laptop computers and loose change from his two unlocked vehicles.
- On April 4, a resident of Windjammer Drive reported that someone damaged a birdbath located on his property.
- On April 11, a resident of Deer Trail Point reported that someone cut the cable and phone line to the house.
- On April 14, a resident of Windjammer Drive reported that a koi fishpond was drained and all the fish were gone. Someone removed 24 koi fish from the pond.
- On April 19, a resident of Rego Park, NY reported a burglary of his summer residence on Halsey Island. Someone gained entry by breaking window and kicking in front door. Nothing appeared to be missing from residence, according to police. The incident is under investigation.
- On April 22, someone entered the Jefferson Township dog pound by removing a piece of barb wire fencing and gaining access to the kennel area. Two Jack Russell Terriers were removed from the pound.
- On April 24, a resident of Colonial Circle reported that the passenger side window to her vehicle was smashed in while parked in the driveway of her residence and a handbag was removed.
- On April 26, a resident of Schoolhouse Road reported that someone threw a rock through the rear door of his currently vacant under construction residence.
- On April 26, Michael Palazzolo, 19 of Jefferson Township was charged with theft and driving while suspended after being observed removing scrap from a residential property. He was issued a summons for theft after a brief investigation.
- On April 26, a resident of Commodore Drive reported that someone entered her unlocked vehicle and removed $5 in loose change.
- On April 26, the owner of a residence on Schoolhouse Road reported that someone threw a rock through the rear door window. The rock also damaged door and interior wall. The home was vacant at the time.
- On April 26, a resident of Woodlawn Terrance reported that someone entered his unlocked vehicle and damaged the glove box lock. Nothing was observed missing from vehicle.