Thursday's a day to stretch your brain and your muscles alike, and maybe to help a worthy cause. Read on for what you need to know today:
- You Need to Know About 'The Bedquilt': A dramatic reading of Dorothy Canfield Fisher's "The Bedquilt," in which a long-neglected maiden aunt earns celebrity and respect through her art, will be performed by actress Michele LaRue at the Jefferson Township Library from 2 to 5 p.m.
- You Need to Know About Chess: Players of all skill levels are welcome to attend the Chess Club from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Jefferson Township Library. Instruction will be provided by members of the high school chess club. Please bring your own chess board if you own one.
- You Need to Know About Live Music: New Jersey's own Rick Barth will perform at the Jefferson House from 6 to 10 p.m. Enjoy a wide range of acoustic versions of classic pop and rock cover tunes.
- You Need to Know About Soccer Camp: There's still time to sign up for soccer camp. The week-long camp is open to children of all abilities from ages 5 to 14 and will begin Monday, Aug. 15. Players should bring a ball, shin guards and plenty of water. The cost is $50.
- You Need to Know About Morris County Habitat for Humanity: If you've ever thought about volunteering for Habitat for Humanity, an organization that's helped build two homes in Jefferson, now is the perfect time. If you want to help but don't think you're ready to break out a toolbet just yet, that's just fine. Volunteers are welcome to perform administrative tasks as well at the Morris Habitat office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.