Enjoy a Park This Week
We've got a list of places for you to play in the early spring weather.
We know the weather is supposed to be gorgeous this week. Sunny most days with temperatures in the 60s and perhaps as high as 70. So it’s time to get outside! Take a walk, play on the swings and get some fresh air. And we have a list of places around town where you can do just that.
- Mahlon Dickerson Reservation: This is the largest park in the Morris County Park System at 3,200 acres. It also boasts the highest point in Morris County. There are several trails for hiking.
- Lakeside Field: Located at Route 15 and Bowling Green Parkway, this complex offers baseball and softball fields, a turf field and a full playground.
- Camp Jefferson: A full playground, a field for soccer and trails for hiking grace this park on Weldon Road in Lake Hopatcong.
- Creative Playground: Located behind the municipal building, this playground offers wooden structures, lots of slides and swings and a porta-potty.
- Ridge Road Complex: This complex offers ball fields, two playgrounds for older and younger kids and a porta potty.