Five Ways to Celebrate Independence Day in Jefferson
Looking for a great way to spend your day off? Look no further!
Happy Independence Day to all our Patch readers. We hope you’re all enjoying a long holiday weekend. Looking for something to do to celebrate today? Let’s see if we can help you out.
- Hit the Lake: There are many to choose from in Jefferson. While in some cases you have to be a member, you can choose from parts of Lake Hopatcong, Lake Shawnee, White Rock Lake, Cozy Lake, Longwood Lake, Lake Swannanoa or Lake Winona. You can swim, fish, go boating or water ski.
- Pack a Picnic: You can take it to Mahlon Dickerson Reservation and find any number of pretty places to enjoy a good old-fashioned picnic lunch. And follow it up with a stroll on the trails to walk off the sandwiches.
- Take a Boat Ride: You can take a scenic tour of Lake Hopatcong with a boat ride that leaves from the Jefferson House. Learn about the history of the lake, and see the beautiful homes and boats that adorn the lake we call home.
- Play Golf: Hit the links at Berkshire Valley or Bowling Green golf courses. And if Tiger Woods has nothing to worry about with your traditional golf skills, there’s always Castle Cove miniature golf on Rt. 15.
- Get an Ice Cream: Nothing says summer holiday like an ice cream cone. You can take your pick of any number of flavors from AJs Country Cone or Jefferson Dairy.