Here's What You Need to Know This Week
Support groups, golf and dinosaurs!
It's the beginning of another busy week in Jefferson. Here's what you need to know about happenings in town this week.
- BILY Support Group: If you’re having trouble with your teenager’s behavior, this is the group to go to for support. It meets tonight at 7 p.m. at the Board of Education office.
- Diabetes Support Group: This group meets on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. at the Dover campus of St. Clare’s, 400 West Blackwell Street, Dover. It is run by a certified diabetes educator.
- T-Rex Tour: No, it’s not the 1970s glam rock band. It’s a dinosaur tour, sponsored by Field Station Dinosaurs, a New Jersey-based animatronic dinosaur theme park. Come to this event at the Jefferson Township Public Library on Thursday night starting at 6 p.m. and learn fascinating facts, listen to a dinosaur story and get a close up view of a 15-foot dinosaur. Weather permitting, the event will be held outside on the library grounds. Registration required at www.jeffersonlibrary.net.
- Cub Scout Pack 49 Open House: This will be held at Cozy Lake School on Thursday at 7 p.m. Learn more about being a Boy Scout. For more information, contact Mike Black, Pack Committee Chair, at 973.713.4132 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found at www.njpack49.com or www.scouting.org.
- Chiropractic Gives Back Golf Outing: Family Chiropractic Center will sponsor its third annual golf outing on Friday at Black Bear Golf Course in Franklin. For $150, you get greens fee, cart, lunch, cocktail hour, and dinner/reception. Proceeds will benefit Operation Camp Jefferson and Hearts & Hands. Contact Leah Petito, tournament director, at (973) 663-5633 or email@example.com for more information.
Let Patch save you time. Get local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone each day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast, sign-up here.