Kindergarten Registration Dates Set
Schools list requirements for entry.
Kindergarten registration will be held at the Milton School and the Ellen T. Briggs School in Jefferson Township on March 5 - 9. from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Children do not need to be present during registration. Only children who will be five years of age before October 1, 2012 will be eligible to enter kindergarten in September 2012.
The schedule is as follows. Registration for students whose last name begins with:
A – E: March 5
F – J: March 6
K – O: March 7
P – S: March 8
T – Z: March 9
If it is impossible to register a child on the day indicated, please call the school to make other arrangements: Milton School can be reached at (973) 697-4742 and Ellen T. Briggs School at (973) 663-0900.
The requirements for registration are as follows:
1. Parent/guardian must present the child’s original birth certificate (with raised seal). The child must be five years of age prior to October 1, 2012.
2. Each student must have a physical examination and provide examination documentation within 30 days upon enrollment/entry into school.
3. Complete immunization against D.P.T. (a series of four (4), with one (1) of the doses given on or after their 4th birthday, or any five (5) doses given at appropriate intervals).
4. Complete immunization against Polio (three (3) doses, with one (1) dose given on or after their fourth birthday, or any four (4) doses given at appropriate intervals).
5. Complete immunization against Measles (two (2) doses to be given on or after first birthday, vaccine doses are to be separated by at least one month).
6. Immunization against Rubella (vaccine must be given after first birthday).
7. Immunization against Mumps (vaccine must be given after first birthday).
8. Hepatitis B Vaccine (a series of three (3) doses of Hepatitis B vaccine or any vaccine combination containing the Hepatitis B virus).
9. One dose of the Varicella vaccine on or after their first birthday or proof of disease immunity is required prior to entering Kindergarten or first Grade.
10. Doctor’s or Health Department Certificate is required as written proof that the above are completed.
Please bring immunization records, current physical examination, proof of residence (mortgage statement, rental agreement, current tax or utility bill) and child’s birth certificate at the time of registration. State Law prohibits the acceptance of any child who does not meet these requirements prior to the first day of entering school in September.