Perfect Places for Prom Pictures
Let Patch help you find the right place for your Kodak moments.
Jefferson Township’s prom is tonight, and throughout this hectic time, Patch is here to help you ease the big day jitters.
We set out to find the best locations around town to take your prom pictures. Now all you have to do is choose your favorites and practice your best smile.
- Try Mahlon Dickerson Reservation: It’s the largest park in the Morris County Park System, and boasts the highest point in Morris County along the Pine Swamp Trail. There are a number of beautiful spots throughout the park to take pictures.
- Make Lifelong Memories (Your House): Who says you have to go far to find the perfect prom picture spot? Take advantage of what is already yours and check out your own property. Filled with memories already, taking pictures in your own yard is a more sentimental approach to capturing the moment. Plus, your whole family can be there to watch you as you embark on this memorable night. Not to mention, it's literally outside your front door, and you can showcase all that hard work your parents put into making your home look great for the season.
- Have Falcon Pride (Jefferson Township High School): Think back to where you have been living as your home away from home for the past few years. Where have you hung out with friends, shown your team spirit, learned important lessons and made memories that will last long after prom has ended? If you answered high school, you are correct. Why not get a bunch of friends and gather at the place where you’ve spent countless days together and take some pictures there? The time you have left at Jefferson Township High School is quickly running out, so make lasting memories while you still can.
- Get to the Gazebo: The gazebo outside of the municipal complex is beautiful, and has a great background of evergreens to one side and the flag courtyard to the other. Another plus is that you can go underneath the gazebo in the event of rain.
- Pick a Lake, Any Lake: Jefferson has so many to choose from. You have Lake Shawnee, Lake Forest, Lake Swannanoa, White Rock Lake, Cozy Lake and Longwood Lake. Pick your favorite, or the one that is closest to where you live, and look gorgeous with the water as a background. And speaking of lakes…
- Love Our Lake (Lake Hopatcong): If you have a family member or friend with lakefront property, be sure to ask them if you can take your pictures there. Lakefront views are always breathtaking and perfect for capturing this springtime event. Whether at a beach club or on a dock, any shoreline area will allow you and your date to show off while displaying Jefferson’s biggest treasure.