PSE&G Power Line Construction Underway in Jefferson
Susquehanna-Roseland line will be operational by June 2015.
Pre-construction activities have begun on the Susquehanna-Roseland power line project being constructed by PSE&G. The New Jersey portion of the upgraded power line will go through 45 miles of the state, starting in Warren County and going east through Andover and Jefferson, into Montville and then turning south to Roseland.
The construction schedule through Sept. 14 is as follows, according to PSE&G’s web site:
- Jefferson: Survey work and site preparation will done on the right‐of‐way in the following areas: Route 15, Sachem Road Winona Trail, Croft Road and Woodport Road. There will also be some clearing and grading of access roads on the right‐of-way in the Weldon Road area.
- Hopatcong: No construction, but survey crews may be seen on right-of-way.
- Kinnelon: Survey work and site preparation will done on the right-of-way in the Split Rock Road area.
- Montville: Survey work and site preparation will done on the right-of-way in the following areas: Ward Witty Road, Boonton Avenue, Stoneybrook Road, Schneider Road, Abbot Road, Old Lane and Main Road. There will also be some clearing and grading of access roads on the right-of-way in the Changebridge Road, Abbot Road, Old Lane areas.
- Parsippany: No construction work is scheduled before Sept. 14.
The power line is expected to be operational by June 2015.