Maybe you’ve lived in Morris County your whole life or maybe you’re considering making the move here. Whatever the case, you might feel as if fun activities become limited once the temperatures start to fall but that couldn’t be further from the truth! Take a look at the awesome fall fun that’s one the way:
- 1920s Country Fair and Harvest Festival - Join in the festivities as an old-fashioned country fair is recreated at Fosterfields Living Farm. Live music, food concessions, wagon-rides, crafts, exhibits, demonstrations, period games, a farm market, wood stove cooking and hands-on activities are sure to please. September 9, Noon – 5:00 PM
- Dorothy Meets Alice (The Wizard of Wonderland) - Summer's winding down, so what's the best way to celebrate (or ease the pain) of school starting up again? By coming out to the Darress Theatre to see Dorothy Meets Alice (The Wizard of Wonderland), of course! "When a young man puts off a book report until the last minute, he suddenly finds himself in a strange place somewhere between Oz and Wonderland." Fun for the whole family and appropriate for all ages, this is the perfect back to school production (hey, kids! Come see what happens when you don't do your homework!). Boonton, NJ
September 7, 2012 8:00 PM
September 8, 2012 8:00 PM
September 9, 2012 3:00 PM
$15.00 Regular admission/$12.00 children & seniors
To order tickets call: (973) 334-9292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art Around the Park - Conceived and organized by Harry and Mary Ellen Simon of Simon Gallery, Art Around the Park is a free self guided art walk that offers the public the opportunity to view art at six venues in proximity to Morristown’s historic Green. Through partnerships, forged with local businesses that have opened their doors as exhibition spaces during their normal business hours, visitors to Morristown are able to see at least two exhibits every day of the week and all seven exhibits four days a week.
On September 14, 2012 from 5 – 8 pm the current edition of ART AROUND THE PARK
opens with a walk. Please visit artaroundthepark.com for more information!
- Wedding of the Century: 19th Century Wedding Fashions - Step back in time at Historic Speedwell to Wedding of the Century. Enjoy 100 years of historic wedding customs of the 19th Century. Learn how weddings evolved throughout the Victorian period to the familiar customs we enjoy today. September 16, 1-4 PM, Historic Speedwell.
- Mid-Autumn Moon Festival - Join millions of people world-wide and celebrate the full moon and the harvest’s completion at the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival. Your family can learn about this annual holiday of Chinese origin while making crafts, enjoying live music, listening to a storyteller, trying games of chance and eating traditional Chinese refreshments. September 23, Frelinghuysen Atrium, 1-4PM.
There’s a plethora of things to do in New Jersey and specifically in Morris County, so get out there and have some fun this fall!