- The special general election to fill the former U.S. Senate seat of the late Frank Lautenberg takes place Wednesday. If you want to cast an early vote for either Democrat Cory Booker or Republican Steve Lonegan, you may still do that—in person only—at the office of the Morris County clerk in Morristown. The deadline is 3 p.m. Tuesday. If you miss it, polls will be open between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. Wednesday.
- Rehearsals for the Mr. Jefferson contest will be held Monday and Tuesday at 6 p.m. at Jefferson Township High School, 1010 Weldon Road.
- At 6:30 p.m. at the high school, the Jefferson Arts Committee's Community Band holds its weekly rehearsals .
- And at 7 p.m. Tuesday night, the Jefferson Township High School PTSA gathers for its monthly meeting.
- Tuesday night traditionally isn''t concert night for most of us, but this should be a most worthy exception to the unwritten rule: Singer-songwriter Glenn Tilbrook, the McCartney to Chris Difford's Lennon in the band legendary UK band Squeeze, shows he's still too cool for cats when he performs at The Newton Theatre at 234 Spring St. in Newton. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets range from $24 to $34 and may be purchased online.