- There will be wintertime good times at Friday's Girl Scouts Holiday Fun Event. Any registered Daisy or Brownie Girl Scout can participate. Leaders are responsible for providing enough volunteers for their troops, and individual scouts are also welcome. The $10 per girl cost includes an hour rotation through various holiday crafts, games and snacks, plus a visit with Santa, who will award each girl her very own merit badge in having good, clean fun. Specific info is available via leaders Linda Pepe, email@example.com, or Karen Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get one-stop shopping for the season at a Vendor Holiday Fair at Arthur Stanlick School in Jefferson. More than 40 vendors and crafters are expected to be on hand with a wide range of items for sale and a special holiday shop for kids to shop for friends and family. Need info? Email to email@example.com. The fair runs from 5-9 p.m. at the school, 121B E. Shawnee Trail.
- Enjoy singing holiday songs with recent Parent's Choice Award winner Nina Peterson. The Jefferson Township Public Library hosts the show, which it calls is a fun and interactive event for even the youngest of children and great family fun. Santa will arrive following the musical event to share a quick story and stay for a few photos. The hour-long show starts Friday at 5:30 p.m. Pre-register online. The library is at 1031 Weldon Road in Oak Ridge.
- Enjoy an Olde English Feast at Jefferson Township High School. This Friday, Saturday and Sunday, partake of three hours of entertainment with a full-course dinner, including Wassail Toast, Fruit Cup, French Onion Soup, Salad, Main Course of Roast Pork or Roast Turkey and Cherries Flambé. Reservations are a must: 973-697-3535, ext. 5860. Tickets are $25 for adults, $18 for JTHS students and $16 for kids under 12—if you purchase tickets in advance, you can have a $2 per ticket discount. Friday and Saturday's revelries start at 7 p.m.; the Sunday show begins at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, it arrives: The multivenue holiday tradition Christmas in the Village will fill the Milton district of Jefferson Township for the eighth year running with Yule-themed arts and culture, music, food and more. Events include the Gingerbread House Contest Judging, the Jefferson Township Community Band and Chorus Holiday Concerts and Jefferson Township Museum Holiday Tours. And you must make time for the Jefferson Township Library's all-day screenings of different film adaptations of the Dickens classic, "A Christmas Carol." Movies range from the 1938 version to the 2009 Disney version. Cocoa and cookies will be served throughout the day, which runs from 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Get all the info via Patch's CITV Guide.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something