- You may be surprised to learn that not everyone around you is net-savvy. If you're feeling left on the shoulder of the information superhighway, take the cyber equivalent of a driving course. The Jefferson Township Public Library presents a weekly drop-in offering called "Surfing, Shopping and Beyond" that teaches a variety of skills, including how to navigate through shopping sites and how to protect your privacy and security while online. This class meets at the library, 1031 Weldon Road, Friday at 9:30 a.m. Pre-register at www.jeffersonlibrary.net.
- Make sure your teenage boy gets his rest Friday, if he's trying to become the next Mr. Jefferson. The competition runs Saturday beginning at 4 p.m. at Jefferson Township High School, 1010 Weldon Road.
- Next weekend is Homecoming Alumni Weekend in Jefferson Township, which features among its many happenings, the annual Homecoming Dance, which is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 26, 6-10 p.m. in the auxiliary gymnasium. Tickets are now on sale for $15 and can be purchased during lunch periods at JTHS.
- A reminder: Get your chores done Friday so you're free to attend the Jefferson Township Recreation Department's annual Fall Festival at Camp Jefferson, 81 Weldon Road. on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The free event features music, a live animal show, a strolling juggler, hayrides and more. The day is also a benefit for Jefferson's food pantries. Everyone attending is asked to bring a nonperishable food item or a paper products. For more info, call the Recreation Department at 973-663-8404.
- If you specifically want to stay up late Friday, enjoy a laugh. The Newton Theatre can help in that pursuit. The venue presents the hilarous veteran comedian Paula Poundstone, who is known for her incisive standup and her gut-bustingly funny guest turns on NPR's "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me." Check out the wit of Poundstone when she performs at . Tickets range from $29-$39 dollars and may be purchased online. The venue is at 234 Spring St. in Newton.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something