- Get your kiddies ready for a delicious fright just before Halloween. The Jefferson Township Public Library presents (read this in your best Boris Karloff voice) "It's Creepy and It's Spooky: Tales to Make You Shiver." This is a reading event intended for youngsters age seven and older. The library's Mr. Stephens will offer bone-chilling stories for the bewitching season. Costumes are welcome. The event runs from 4-5:15 p.m. at the library, 1031 Weldon Road. For more info, call 973-208-6244.
- Here's a good bet to help out Jefferson Township Middle School. As of Tuesday, tickets officially are on sale Tuesday for the school's PTA Casino Night. The 21-and-over event takes place Nov. 15 at Casa Bianca on Berkshire Valley Road in Oak Ridge. Winners at this night of goodnatured gambling get raffle tickets for chances to win gift baskets—and proceeds will benefit the PTA. Tickets are $48, which includes $100 in gambling money, hot hors d'oeurve, a cold antipasto buffet and dessert. A cash bar will be offered. For tickets, call Vicki Burke (from the Oak Ridge side) at 973-409-4279 or Radhika Jayakumar (Lake Hopatcong side) at 973-794-4019.
- The Jefferson Arts Comm. Community Chorus Rehearsals take place Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. Voices will be lifted in the chorus and band rooms at Jefferson Township Middle School, 1000 Weldon Road.
- Patch could use your help: It's a year since Superstorm Sandy and we would really like to hear from Hopatcong and Sparta residents as we compile Sandy Reminiscences—people's memories, thoughts, fears from what was a dark couple of weeks and more. Please send a brief essay or poem or photos, whatever expresses what you wish to say regarding your Sandy experience. Three things we are really interested in knowing: What was your greatest challenge? What did you gain from the experience (any silver linings)? And how are things for you now? Send them to email@example.com.
- A night out for music on a Tuesday? Why not, if you can swing it. The evening presents two great bands: pop group Ballyhoo! and reggae/world music outfit Passafire. The show starts at 6 p.m. at the Stanhope House, 45 Main St. in Stanhope, which is not far from J-Town. Tickets are $15 and can be procured online through Ticketweb.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something