- Jefferson Township holds a tax lien sale Thursday beginning at 10 a.m. for properties on which taxes, utilities and other municipal fees were not paid in prior years. The event is scheduled for the Jefferson Township Municipal Building's Council Chambers, 1033 Weldon Road in Lake Hopatcong. The list of properties to be sold indicated that the land for sale is subject to redemption at the lowest rate of interest, which will not exceed an annual 18 percent. Anyone seeking further details or the list of properties for sale and the names of people who have been assessed as their owners can find the info they seek on the town website.
- Sometimes the afternoon is the toughest time for parents at home with very small children. The Jefferson Township Library helps with its Thursday afternoon reading events. From 4-5 p.m., you'll enjoy seeing your kid enjoy Stories for Ages 5 & Up. And from 6-7 p.m., the library offers Pajama Story Time. You can pre-register for the free storytime events online.
- Jefferson Township High School Band Parents hold a meeting in the school's chorus room Thursday at 7 p.m. The school is located at 1010 Weldon Road.
- The Jefferson Township Middle School PTSA gathers Thursday. Teachers and parents will meet at 7 p.m. to discuss upcoming student events.
- Looking ahead to the weekend, if you've had crafting on the brain, consider joining the Jefferson Township Library Knitting Circle. It meets the first and third Saturday of each month at the library. Get details here.