The events begin July 3, and all require registration to attend. Prospective participants may register on the Jefferson Township Public Library website or by phone at 973-208-6244.
The complete schedule is as follows:
- Using the Internet to Study, July 3 at 6 p.m. (also July 25 at 6 p.m.): This workshop will show future college students the resources available to them on the Internet for finding information, enhancing study skills and increasing Web competence.
- Teen Improv Night and Pizza, July 10 at 7 p.m.: Teens will be taught the basics of improv comedy, complete with a pizza dinner.
- Create Your Own Zine Workshop, July 14 at 4 p.m.: Teens will learn how to construct a personal magazine, giving them a chance to be artistic and create a product that they can publish on their own.
- Portrait Studio Time, July 17 at 4 p.m.: Participants will learn how to take and edit their own photos using digital cameras and photo-editing software.
- Poetry Workshop and Coffeehouse, July 17 at 7 p.m.: Budding writers will get writing tips and prompts to facilitate a writing workshop. Following that, a "coffeehouse" will be conducted so teens may read their work and listen to the work of others.
- Make Your Own Loops, July 30 at 6 p.m.: No music skill is required for this workshops as participants will learn how to create their own musical loops using Mac program Garageband.