The following was submitted by Jefferson Township Public Schools. Have something you'd like to announce to the community? Upload it here.
Kindergarten registration will be held at the Milton School and the Ellen T. Briggs School in Jefferson Township from March 4th-8th, 2013 (see schedule below) from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Your child need not be present during registration. Only those children who will be five years of age before October 1, 2013 will be eligible to enter kindergarten in September 2013.
Your cooperation is asked in following the schedule below. Registration for students whose last name begins with:
A – E Monday, 03/04 P – S Thursday 03/07
F – J Tuesday, 03/05 T – Z Friday, 03/08
K – O Wednesday, 03/06
We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to the above schedule. If it is impossible for you to register your child on the day indicated, please call the school to make other arrangements:
Milton School (973) 697-4742 Ellen T. Briggs School (973) 663-0900
1. Original Birth Certificate (with raised seal). Child must be 5 years of age prior to October 1, 2013.
2. Each Student must have a physical examination and provide examination documentation within 30 days upon enrollment/entry into school.
3. Complete immunization against D.P.T. (a series of four (4), with one (1) of the doses given on or after their 4th birthday, or any five (5) doses given at appropriate intervals).
4. Complete immunization against Polio (three (3) doses, with one (1) dose given on or after their 4th birthday, or any four (4) doses given at appropriate intervals).
5. Complete immunization against Measles (two (2) doses to be given on or after 1st birthday, vaccine doses are to be separated by at least one month).
6. Immunization against Rubella (vaccine must be given after 1st birthday).
7. Immunization against Mumps (vaccine must be given after 1st birthday).
8. Hepatitis B Vaccine (a series of three (3) doses of Hepatitis B vaccine or any vaccine combination containing the Hepatitis B virus).
9. One dose of the Varicella vaccine on or after their 1st birthday or proof of disease immunity is required prior to entering Kindergarten or 1st Grade.
10. Doctor’s or Health Department Certificate is required as written proof that the above are completed.
Please bring immunization records, current physical examination, proof of residence (mortgage statement, rental agreement, current tax or utility bill) and child’s birth certificate at the time of registration. State Law prohibits the acceptance of any child who does not meet these requirements prior to the first day of entering school in September.