- Monday is Columbus Day in Jefferson Township, and here, the national observance is no reason to cancel most school classes. Public schools will be in session Monday, but there will be a two-hour opening delay for all students grades 1 through 12 and those in all-day preschool. AM and PM kindergarten classes and PM preschool classes will operate at their normal times. AM preschool classes for Monday are cancelled.
- Rehearsals for the Mr. Jefferson contest will be held Monday and Tuesday at 6 p.m. at Jefferson Township High School, 1010 Weldon Road.
- At 6:30 p.m. at the high school, the Jefferson Arts Committee's Community Band holds its weekly rehearsals .
- And at 7 p.m. Tuesday night, the Jefferson Township High School PTSA gathers for its monthly meeting.
- The Lake Hopatcong Foundation hosts a restaurant night benefit this week to support its work to improve the lake. Here's how it works: Have dinner at Gatwyns on Wednesday evening between 5-10 p.m. Fifteen percent of your tab will go to the foundation. For more information on The Lake Hopatcong Foundation restaurant night contact 973-663-2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The restaurant is at 900 Route 15 in Lake Hopatcong.
- The weekend brings seasonal music, education and fun to the township. The Jefferson Township Recreation Department presents its annual Fall Festival at Camp Jefferson, 81 Weldon Road. on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This event and all of its activities are free to the public. Confirmed festival activities so far include music by DJ Earl Heller of Sound Solutions, the Mad Science demonstration “The Evil Witch of Eggsylvania” at 11 a.m., and A Touch of Nature Live Animal Show at 1:30 p.m. Strolling Juggler Bill Ceddia will be on the grounds from 12 noon to 3 p.m., and Karen’s Pony Rides and Petting Zoo will be on site from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will also be daytime and nighttime hayrides, a fall coloring activity, pumpkin decorating, Jefferson Drive (off Espanong Road), both in Lake Hopatcong. Everyone attending is asked to bring a nonperishable food item or a paper product to help restock Jefferson’s food pantries. For more info, call the Recreation Department at 973-663-8404.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something