Here's what is on schedule:
- There are no municipal meetings for the rest of the month, except for the Jefferson Township Board of Adjustment. They meet next week, on Monday, Jan. 27, 7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers.
- The Jefferson Board of Education has listed on their website that there is a BOE meeting on Monday, Jan. 20. Although Jan. 20 is the observation of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday, a Federal holiday, the district schools are in session.
- Looking to learn Windows 8? The Jefferson Township Library is offering free classes onn 8 and 8.1 - the new Microsoft operating system. You'll learn how to use the new Windows start screen; customize the start screen to reflect your tastes; and show you how to add and remove windows apps. Class meets at 7:30 p.m.. Sign up online or call 973-209-1923.
- Pushcart Players, New Jersey’s acclaimed touring theater for young and family audiences, will present “Let Freedom Ring” at Marshall Hill School in West Milford on Friday, Jan. 24 at 9:15 a.m. This robust musical celebrates the nation's birth and development with authentic folk songs and an animated story of significant moments in history. For more info about attending the performance, contact the Pushcart Players at 973-857-1115.
- Dance lessons are back this month at Ronnie's Dance Studio in Hopatcong. They'll be kicking off the season with a Polka on Saturday, Jan. 25 at 7 p.m., followed by open dancing until 11 p.m. Tickets are $15 per person, and refreshments served. For more info, call 973-398-0098.
- Got kids who are crafty? The Jefferson Township Library offers a drop-in kids craft class this week. It's held at the library on Tuesday, Jan. 21, at 11:30 a.m. No registration needed.
Got something special you want to make sure no one in Jefferson misses? Email the info and a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.