- The Jefferson Arts Committee's Community Band holds rehearsal Monday at Jefferson Township High School, 1010 Weldon Road in Oak Ridge. The session lasts from 6:30-9:30 p.m. and is held in the JTHS band room. The chorus room will be filled too: At 7 p.m., performers in the JTHS Winter Choral Concert will rehearse at the school.
- The Jefferson Township Board of Education holds a regular session Monday at 8 p.m. at the high school, 1010 Weldon Road. An agenda for the meeting had not been released by press time.
- Jefferson Township Middle School celebrates the season with the annual JTMS Vocal Concert. The event takes place Tuesday from 6-9 p.m. in the auditorium of Jefferson Township High School.Should inclement weather force a cancellation, a snow day has been scheduled for Thursday at 6 p.m.
- Friday, get your kids to show off their creative sides. Children are invited to bring their own looms and supplies and enjoy time making creations with others in a special Rainbow Loom Get Together at the Jefferson Township Library. This free, drop-in event takes place Friday from 2-3:30 p.m. in the Riker Room. Register at the library or online to participate.
- Bringing together rock, jazz, folk, celtic and jam-band influences under
one umbrella, From Good
Homes forged its own, instantly lovable music, which
prompted one critic to affectionately label the band’s blend of
influences as “Hick-Pop.” Whatever one calls it, it's a popular mix in the area: Two of the band's three scheduled weekend shows at the Newton Theatre are already sold out. Don't miss your shot at seeing the third: Sunday at 8 p.m. is the one available performance. Tickets range from $29-$49 and are available online.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something