- The Jefferson Township High School Athletic Booster Club holds its Monthly Meeting Monday at 6:30 p.m. Members should gather in the senior cafeteria at the school, 1010 Weldon road.
- Literacy is the focus for district schools Tuesday when the Jefferson Consolidated Fall Book Fair launches its 2013 edition. Students and parents from all J-Town schools are welcome to purchase quality books at reasonable prices, boosting the love of reading and raising funds to benefit learning. The sale is on at Briggs School, 1 Jefferson Drive in Lake Hopatcong, from 3-8 p.m.
- On Tuesday, the Jefferson Township High School girls field hockey team takes on Hackettstown. On Monday, the team builds school spirit and cohesiveness in advance by holding a Pasta Party. The pre-game supper takes place at 5 p.m. in the underclassmen cafeteria at the school, 1010 Weldon Road.
- Are you in the mix for the high school's annual Mr. Jefferson contest? Rehearsals take place at the high school at 6 p.m.
- If you are a member of the Jefferson Arts Committee Community Band? The high school is the site for rehearsals for that organization too. Rosin up the strings, open up the embouchure and have your instrument tuned and ready to go: Practice kicks off at 6:30 p.m.
- We are not long into fall, but plans are already underway for spring youth baseball. The Jefferson Lightning holds tryouts for its spring travel league's 2014 season Monday. Boys from ages 8-18 are invited to show their stuff. Tryouts will take place over the next four Mondays starting at 7 p.m. for boys from 8-12; tryouts for over-13 boys will be held next year. For important details, check out the informational flyer. Participants must register online at http://www.j-lightning.com/index2.html.
- Parents and teachers gather to talk school business at the Jefferson Consolidated PTA Meeting Tuesday night. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. at Briggs School, 1 Jefferson Drive.
- You know a new school year has begun, thanks to the proliferation of youth fundraising efforts. The latest involves our teens: The Jefferson Township High School Tricky Tray event takes place Friday at 6 p.m. The school is located at 1010 Weldon Road in Oak Ridge. For information ontact email@example.com for ticket pricing and pre-sales.
- Fundraising fun continues Saturday, when the JTHS Senior Class holds a 5K Walk-Run event around scenic Lake Shawnee. Registration begins at 9 a.m. with the run starting at 9:30 a.m. Times will be unofficial. Preregistration is $5 in advance; the cost to register on-site in $7. Proceeds will benefit the JTHS Class of 2014.
- The Jefferson Township Recreation Department is sponsoring a trip to New York and the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular Friday, Nov. 8. Get your discounted tickets now: They are $74 per person and include reserved orchestra seating, a voucher for popcorn and a drink, bus transport and driver gratuity. Get details on the trip and purchasing tickets by calling 973-663-8404.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something