Collectively, a host of sites will present artisans, crafters, merchandise vendors, live entertainment, museum tours, refreshments, lunch and a gingerbread house contest. Admission is free unless otherwise noted, and parking is free at all venues.
- The day starts with the Milton First Aid Squad's annual Pancake and Waffle Breakfast at its site at 45 Milton Road. Breakfast is $8 per person for those 16-61, $6 for folks 62 and up, $5 for kids between five and 15 and free for tykes under five.
- The White Rock School Chorus leads off a day of joyful singing at St. Gabriel’s Episcopal Church, 153 Milton Road. The multi-artist concert begins at 10 a.m. At about 11:45 a.m., the Jefferson Township High School Madrigal Singers and Select Choir will take the stage. The group is followed by the Stanlick School Chorus at 1:15 p.m., at 2 p.m. by the Berkshire Valley Presbyterian Church Praise Band and at 3 p.m. by the Berkshire Valley Presbyterian Church Choir. The Jefferson Township High School Band Parents Association will be on hand, selling live wreaths; the church kitchen will have soup, sandwiches and refreshments for sale; and several vendors will sell merchandise.
- Also starting at 10 a.m., the Jefferson Township Library, 1031 Weldon Road, will screen different film adaptations of the Dickens classic, "A Christmas Carol." Movies range from the 1938 version to the 2009 Disney version. Cocoa and cookies will be served throughout the day, which runs until 5:30 p.m.
- Milton United Methodist Church, 316 Dover-Milton Road presents live entertainment in its sanctuary with the White Rock School Band at 10 a.m., the Jefferson Township Community Band Holiday Concert at 11 a.m. (free-will donations will be collected), the Stanlick School Band performs at 1:15 p.m., and a Carol Sing takes place at 2:15 p.m. The church kitchen will have dessert items for sale in Headley Hall. The Brown Sisters will perform in the church’s historic sanctuary at 1:15 p.m. Milton UMC is also the site for the annual Gingerbread House Contest Judging from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Jefferson Township Fire Company No. 1’s firehouse, 162 Milton Road will be transformed into a Village Marketplace featuring 18 arts, crafts and merchandise vendors. The Girl Scouts of Jefferson will lead a holiday sing-a-long here at 10:30 a.m., the students of Diane’s Dance Academy 23 will perform at 2:30 p.m. and the students of the Oak Ridge Martial Arts Academy will demonstrate their skills at 11:45 a.m. Members of the Ladies Auxiliary will sell chili, hot dogs, donuts and refreshments.
- The Jefferson Township Historical Society will offer tours with costumed docents at the holiday decorated Jefferson Township Museum, 315 Dover-Milton Road. Each room of the circa 1870 Chamberlain home will be decorated in the theme of “Sugar and Spice.” Several musicians will play the Museum’s Harmonium, an antique pump organ played only during Christmas in the Village. Miss Elizabeth’s Shoppe will sell baked goods, antiques and unique gifts. The Museum will re-open Sunday from 12 noon to 4 p.m.
- What would Christmas in the Village be without Christmas trees? Mission accomplished: American Legion Post #423, 28 Legion Road, will sell live Christmas trees in the parking lot of it post home.
- The Jefferson Community Players will perform the radio plays “Father Knows Best” and “Our Miss Brooks” on Saturday at 7 p.m. in the Jefferson Township Senior Center, 54 Schoolhouse Road. (A second performance will be offered Sunday at 1:30 p.m.) Admission is free with refreshments available for sale.
- On Sunday, the Jefferson Township Community Chorus presents its holiday concert, “Holiday Treasures,” at the Grace Evangelical Church, 5550 Berkshire Valley Road at 6 p.m. Light refreshments will follow. For tickets, call Janet at 973-697-8124.
To see the most up-to-date entertainment schedule, visit the Jefferson Arts Committee website. For more information, call 973-697-3828 or send email to email@example.com.